What's more frustrating than scouring the internet to find the perfect invitation and coming up empty handed?? Asking a designer how much they charge for a custom job and getting the "well... it depends..." response.
Of course, custom work DOES depend on a LOT of things, but that doesn't really help you decide if you can afford it or not. So, here are some starting points for you (and they are surprisingly reasonable!!) -- just keep in mind that these prices will multiply like a pack of bunnies if you go crazy with extras. I hope this helps!
Typical starting prices for custom work at Tumbleweed Paperie:
- Basic Invitation ($2.00 each): single 5x7 flat card and envelopes with printed return address
- Basic Wedding Invitation ($3.25 each): 5x7 ceremony card, 3.5x5 reply card, printed outer envelope, and printed reply envelope
- Standard Wedding Invitation ($4.35 each): 5x7 ceremony card, 5x7 reception or info card, 3.5x5 reply card, printed outer envelope, and printed reply envelope
Things that can up your price:
- Fancy paper - textures, metallics, patterns, super heavy stock
- Extra pieces - inner envelopes, pockets, gate cards
- Embellishments - vellum, envelope liners, ribbons, backers
- Printing method - thermography, letterpress, engraving
The above starting prices are based on a quantity of 200 and include high-quality flat printing and custom design fees. These prices do not include applicable taxes and shipping.